Solo: A Star Wars Story blasted into theaters final weekend with fans fervent to learn a answers to all a questions they’ve had about Han Solo’s story ever given he debuted all a approach behind in 1977.
But maybe it finished adult being a bit too much? Ahead of a release, New York Times critic A.O. Scott noted in his review that Solo “answers questions we competence not have asked,” and likened it to “a filmed Wikipedia page.” Perhaps Scott was on to something. Heat Vision has spent time dissecting Enfys Nest and that cameo, yet a law is that many of those answers Solo provided were … well, rather thin.
The film has had trouble generating a unrestrained of prior installments during a box office. Despite that, a writers of a following Easter-egg complicated list attempted to conflict with a kind of fad they reputed they’d get from a film’s answers going into it.
Without offer ado, here is an downright list of things Solo: A Star Wars Story reveals about Han Solo’s past. Take it from a Special Edition and prequel trilogy writer Rick McCallum: “It’s so dense, each singular picture has so many things going on.”
QUESTIONS ABOUT HAN
1. How did Han learn how to hotwire a Endor invulnerability generator bunker?
He got his start as a child hotwiring landspeeders on Corellia in sequence to damp a light-sensitive, wormlike matriarch. From a initial shot of a movie, we’re true into a luscious sum of Han’s backstory that we never would have famous otherwise!
2. What is a stress of a golden bones seen unresolved in a cockpit of a Falcon in A New Hope and handed off to Leia during a finish of The Last Jedi?
They were bones Han owned, with no specific value. In a impulse of tenderness, he gave them to Qi’ra. Then she gave them behind to him. Will we see some-more of a bones in Episode IX?
3. Where did Han get a suspicion to hang adult a bullion bones in a Falcon’s cockpit?
Han initial hung adult a golden bones in a stolen topless speeder. The top-center of a speeder’s differently minimalist windshield has a gadget privately designed to hang dangly objects, giving Han a suspicion that would perpetually change Star Wars history.
4. How did Han get his final name?
Honestly, we never suspicion of doubt this before, since Solo seems like a flattering normal Star Wars name, but… an Imperial Recruiter gave it to him since he pronounced he didn’t have a final name (or a people). So, this amatuer improvisor, stranded in a rote Imperial job, acted quick and came adult with “Solo.” Now, a impression who is tangible by his unscrupulous inlet and autonomy is nominally tangible by a proxy who wasn’t utterly creative.
It’s usually like that male who put “no plate” as his self-centredness permit image and afterwards could park anywhere since officers would write “no plate” on a tickets. Eventually a folks behind during a military sinecure would demeanour during a form, consider it was usually a automobile yet a permit image and not know where to send a citation. In other words, this is brilliant!
Plus “Han Solo” sound improved than “Han Duo” when he gets Chewbacca as a partner. So since change it? Not to discuss that Disney CEO Bob Iger greenlit Solo: A Star Wars Story as shortly as he was pitched this scene, since it tells us so many about a character!
5. Where did Han learn to fly?
The Imperial Flight Academy. He was kicked out, not before training to fly yet before we get to see that process. We’ll have to wait for a deleted theatre on a Blu-ray for this poser to be entirely revealed.
6. Why can Han know Chewie?
He doesn’t usually know Shyriiwook (the Wookiee language) — he can pronounce it! Where did he learn to pronounce it? We’ll have to wait for a deleted theatre on a Blu-ray for this poser to be entirely revealed.
7. How did Han get his signature blaster?
His mentor/father-figure and contingent enemy, Tobias Beckett tossed it to him before a heist! Where Beckett get it? We’ll have to wait for a deleted theatre on a Blu-ray for this poser to be entirely revealed.
8. Why does Han tell Obi-Wan he believes in fitness rather than a force?
Because he was a unequivocally propitious gambler when he was young. He regularly wins a diversion of Sabaac notwithstanding never carrying played it before.
9. Why did Han dump his bootlegging conveyance during a initial pointer of an Imperial cruiser when operative for Jabba (as mentioned by Greedo)?
Because when he was immature he got in a diseased robe of dropping altered load to save himself, like a Coaxium on Corellia, or a Coaxium on Vandor.
In a tasty bit of thespian irony, Han ignores Lando’s thought in a Maelstrom to dump a Coaxium during a initial pointer of an Imperial cruiser.
10. Why does Han contend “I have a bad feeling about this” in A New Hope?
Because Han once had “a good feeling about this” before doing a Kessel Run which, notwithstanding his new stretch record, was substantially honourable of some bad feelings.
You’ll never hear that classical line a same approach again.
11. Why does Han respond “I know” when Leia confesses her adore to him?
Because Han has always concurred other characters expressing their feelings about him with these accurate words, such as when Lando says “I hatred you” and Han replies “I know.”
You’ll never hear that classical line a same approach again.
12. Why does Han fire Greedo first?
Because he shot his coach Tobias Beckett first, for scarcely a accurate same reason he shot Greedo first: in self invulnerability so he wouldn’t get shot by a other male first. In a 1997 A New Hope Special Edition, Han shot second since Greedo shot initial since Greedo suspicion Han was going to fire initial since Han pronounced “over my passed body” implying that he would fire first, a reasonable arrogance since Han had already determined a fashion of sharpened initial in Solo: A Star Wars Story. Did word get around to Greedo?
13. Did Han know what it would be like to live with a cost on his conduct before pissing off Jabba?
Yes, he was duly warned by Beckett, who tells him: “You don’t know what it’s like to live with a cost on your head.” In an mocking spin of predestine that would make Alanis Morissette blush, he would shortly have to live his life with a cost on his head.
14. Where did Han learn to call people “Kid”?
Han was an susceptible immature guy, what can we say?
15. How did Han and Chewie finish adult operative for Jabba on Tatooine?
He sloping Han off about a “big shot mafiosi putting together a crew.”
16. Why did Chewie uncanny out during Luke’s devise on a Death Star to fake Chewie was a restrained with unbarred shackles?
Because he remembered a final time Han and Chewie attempted it on Kessel, they were tortured and roughly castrated.
17. Then… since did Han contend “Don’t worry Chewie, we consider we know what he has in mind” about Luke’s plan?
Because he was remembering a devise from Kessel, and Chewie contingency have mislaid about that plan.
18. Where did Leia get a suspicion to bluster Jabba with a thermal detonator?
She stole it from Han, who used a same ploy opposite Lady Proxima. Except this time, in a antecedent stage, it didn’t work since it was usually a stone and Proxima could tell. So, this finally explains since Leia motionless not to use a stone to bluster Jabba.
19. Where did Han come adult with a shining pierce to flip a Falcon laterally to fit by openings apparently too slight to fit by horizontally, like a time he squeezes by an asteroid ravine in The Empire Strikes Back?
While perplexing to shun Moloch as a immature man, he flipped a speeder laterally to fit by an opening apparently too slight to fit by horizontally. It didn’t utterly work a initial time, so he attempted it again in a Falcon during a Kessel Run and it worked, perpetually cementing a move’s place in Han’s drifting repertoire.
20. Why is Han demure to let Lando fly a Falcon in Return of a Jedi?
Because Han remembers how badly he trashed a Falcon when it belonged to immature Lando, when Lando angrily exclaimed “this is since we never let anyone fly your ship!”
21. How does Han know “standard Imperial procedure” of Star Destroyers in The Empire Strikes Back?
Young Han explains this when a Falcon encounters a Star Destroyer during a Kessel Run: “I know these guys; we used to be one of them.”
22. Why does Han contend he doesn’t trust Lando in The Empire Strikes Back?
Young Han schooled not to trust anyone from Beckett, who drills that indicate repeatedly.
23. What did Han meant when pronounced of a Falcon, to Lando, “You mislaid her to me, satisfactory and square”?
He was indeed repeating a accurate disproportion he pronounced when he won a Falcon during Sabaac: “fair and square, baby, satisfactory and square.”
You’ll never hear that classical line a same approach again.
24. Who are Rey’s genuine parents?
Maybe her mom is Qi’Ra or Enfys Nest or one of Lady Proxima’s scrumrats or, many likely, a impression credited usually as Imperial Emigration Officer (you’re not rowdiness us with that credit, Lucasfilm!). Can’t wait ‘til Episode IX confirms one of these possibilities.
The film still doesn’t endorse that Han is her dad, yet.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FALCON
25. How did Han win a Millennium Falcon from Lando?
He won it from Lando by deftly preventing Lando from intrigue during Sabaac to keep a Falcon, with a demonstrate purpose of winning a Falcon.
26. Why did Lando feel so sprightly about knocking off a Falcon’s radar plate in Return of a Jedi after Han privately asked him not to?
When a dual group were young, Han knocked off a Falcon’s radar plate when Lando owned a Falcon. In a imperishable disproportion of George Lucas, “It’s like poetry; it rhymes.” Also, “Payback is a bitch.”
27. When did Han start regulating those compartments in a Falcon’s building for smuggling?
He and Chewie initial commissioned them with Coaxium on Kessel. Even yet it wasn’t indeed smuggling, it was good practice, obscure intensely complicated and supportive load several feet down into a close space and afterwards lifting it behind out again underneath a large time crunch.
28. Who built a Falcon?
Han’s disloyal father worked a line during a plant on Corellia where YT-1300 freighters like a Falcon were built. He brought small Han to take-your-sons-to-work-day during slightest once and let him lay in a cockpit, yet contingency have been a flattering shitty father after he got laid off since Han ran divided to work for Lady Proxima.
29. Was Darth Vader a initial chairman to plant a homing guide on a Falcon?
No, Enfys Nest planted a tracking device on a Falcon when Han was young, heading a Cloud Riders true to a Coaxium refinery. In A New Hope, Leia warned Han a Imperials would be tracking a Falcon, yet Han led a Death Star true to a Rebel bottom anyway. Fool me twice, Han…
30. Why does C-3PO contend a Falcon’s navicomputer speaks “the many singular dialect” in The Empire Strikes Back?
When smart-alecky droid L3 — who binds a “best damn maritime database in a galaxy” — dies, Lando rips her mind out and plugs it into a Falcon. She’s substantially impiety all a time since she fought her whole life for drudge rights usually to have her mind stranded in a boat that’s being traded behind and onward all a time and eventually deserted on Jakku. So many for personal liberty…
31. Why does a navicomputer immediately advise Lando by name (“the Lando system?”) when Han and Leia are looking for a protected pier in The Empire Strikes Back?
Again, L3 is now a Falcon’s navicomputer and substantially hopes Lando is even more open disposed about sex.
32. Why does a Falcon have a opening between a front mandibles?
It used to reason an shun pod, before Han jettisoned it as a fake for a jellyfish beast in a Maw. Lando had recently commissioned a shun pod tradition in a beak notch, definition a nick was usually partial of a ship’s strange design, OK? But a genuine doubt is: Where did that strange nick come from? We’ll have to wait for a deleted theatre on a Blu-ray for this poser to be entirely revealed.
33. Where did a Falcon get those alluvial dampers that Han mentioned in The Empire Strikes Back?
Lando reveals that he, in fact, is a one who commissioned alluvial dampers while renovating a Falcon.
34. Why does a Falcon demeanour like such a square of junk in A New Hope?
It didn’t use to be! The Falcon looked genuine sharp before Han kick it adult during a Kessel Run. Before Lando did all that replacement work pimping his ride, it was usually a square of junk, nick and all. But a genuine doubt is: Why was it a square of junk before Lando easy it? We’ll have to wait for a deleted theatre on a Blu-ray for this poser to be entirely revealed.
35. What is a Kessel Run Han mentions in A New Hope?
Flying a boat by a dangerous cloud called a Maelstrom.
36. How did a Falcon make a “Kessel Run in reduction than 12 parsecs”?
Well, it was unequivocally usually 12 parsecs if we spin down.
37. OK, afterwards how did a Falcon make a Kessel Run in somewhat some-more than 12 parsecs?
Parsecs are a section of distance. Usually ships take a protected trail that is during slightest 20 parsecs. Han takes a dangerous by-pass by a maelstrom that pushes his piloting skills to their limit.
38. Why does Han gloat about a Falcon being famous for a Kessel Run in A New Hope?
In A New Hope, Obi-Wan tells Han he usually wants to float on a Millennium Falcon if it’s a quick ship. “Fast ship? You’ve never listened of a Millennium Falcon? … Its a boat that done a Kessel Run in reduction than twelve parsecs.”
Similarly, on Savareen, while unloading a Coaxium, Han brags that he “just did a Kessel Run in twelve parsecs.”
39. That’s not an answer. In A New Hope, Han never bragged about his possess piloting skills. He bragged about his ship being fast. His possess medium success he chalked adult to fitness and “a lot of elementary tricks and nonsense.”
40. So did a Falcon’s speed have anything to do with creation a Kessel Run in reduction than 12 parsecs?
Well, a dump of tender Coaxium creates a boat go unequivocally fast.
41. That was usually to shun a beak and has zero to do with a boat being quick in ubiquitous or about navigating a march in a shortest probable distance.
Well, they navigate a march in so small stretch since L3 has so many information she can tract a best course.
42. Well if Han had bragged in a Mos Eisley Cantina that a Falcon done a Kessel Run in reduction than 12 parsecs since it was so good during navigation or that he was such a good pilot, afterwards that would have done sense. But he bragged that it was fast.
43. So you’re revelation me that half of this film is about fleshing out a backstory for one line about a Kessel Run in A New Hope, and that line creates even reduction clarity now?
You’ll never hear that classical line a same approach again.
QUESTIONS ABOUT LANDO
44. Why does Lando possess a gas mining cluster of Cloud City?
Because he apparently altered his mind from his immature days of observant “I hatred mining colonies.”
45. Why does Lando give Han a uncanny cuddle on Cloud City?
Because Han once gave Lando that same cuddle when he stole Lando’s Sabaac ace in a sleeve to win a Falcon. You’ll never see that imperishable cuddle in The Empire Strikes Back a same approach again.
46. Why does Lando always wear capes in a Original Trilogy?
Because he has always had a slant for capes, collected bespoke “custom pieces,” and stored his collection in a walk-in garment closet on a Falcon.
47. What’s Lando’s attribute to Lobot?
Well now we know that Lando is robosexual…
You’ll never see that iconic twin and their synced conduct nods a same approach again.
48. Where did Lando get his costume for Jabba’s palace?
And in a somewhat messed adult spin of events, it seems that Lando felt like it would be a crafty fun to advise a recently unfrozen Han with a facade of his double-crossing ex-mentor/ex-father figure that Han was forced to murder. we mean, what are friends for?
49. Why does Lando pronounce Han’s name like Hand with a wordless D in The Empire Strikes Back?
Because he started doing it deliberately to provoke Han when they were young.
50. Do Lando’s deals typically get worse all a time?
51. What did Chewie advise Han that Lando competence still be insane about?
Getting his droid partner killed, trashing a Falcon, then, adding insult to injury, winning it from him.
52. Does Lando adore his mother?
QUESTIONS ABOUT CHEWBACCA
53. How did Chewbacca get his bandolier?
He gave it to Chewie, yet in a advise tract twist… it was a double-breasted bandolier (all a fury during a Empire’s rise).
54. How did Chewbacca come to owe a life debt to Han?
Han discovered Chewie by assisting Chewie rescue him by regulating Chewie’s strength to mangle them out of a array where Chewie cooking deserters and tears detached droids. You see, Chewie was so indignant that he forgot all his training as an operative and about his jagged strength. So, he was incompetent to figure out that attack a fast constructed, load-bearing siren would giveaway him. Good thing Han was there to assistance transparent his mind with some calming Shyriiwook.
Also, it turns out that a life debt is not unequivocally a contracting thing since Chewie is giveaway to embankment Han in a midst of a hazardous goal on Kessel to go save his family or “his people” (what’s a difference?). Though, it also seems misleading if Chewie unequivocally does owe Han a life debt during this point. Hopefully a supplement to his prequel will tell us a genuine story of how that came to be!
55. Why does Han call Chewbacca “Chewie”?
Because Han tells Chewbacca his name is too prolonged and decides to give him a nickname, since that’s how nicknames work! “You’re going to need a nickname, means we ain’t observant that each time,” explains Han. Sadly a theatre cuts before we get to declare Han indeed observant something like “Hmm, how about Chewie, yes, that’s a good nickname, we consider I’ll call we Chewie” — maybe we’ll see some-more of this pivotal impulse in Star Wars story in a deleted scenes on a Blu-ray.
56. Where did Chewie start ripping people’s arms out of their sockets?
57. Who taught Chewie to play Holochess?
58. How did Chewie turn Han’s co-pilot?
Han asked Qi’Ra to be his co-pilot, yet when it came time to obstruct auxiliary energy to back deflector shields she didn’t know that switches to flip, so Chewie stepped in and flipped a right switches.
59. How aged is Chewie?
When Chewie suggested his piloting bravery by flipping a right switches, Chewie reveals to Han that he is 190 years old, creation cinematic story as a initial time Chewie’s age is ever mentioned on a china screen.
QUESTIONS ABOUT DROIDS
60. Is it surprising for a Mos Eisley cantina to not offer Droids?
No, as L3 mentions in a gambling basement where they rivet in droid cockfighting for sport, “they don’t even offer a kind here.”
61. Is it reliable for Luke to use confining bolts on R2-D2 and C-3PO?
No, a confining shaft is a barbarous apparatus that organics use to make slavery, a usually thing gripping droids from rising adult and overthrowing their masters in a waggish rebellion to grasp equal rights.
62. Can droids have sex with people?
63. How does that work?
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GALAXY
64. What’s a backstory of that altered fuel that a Resistance swift is using out of in The Last Jedi?
Hyperfuel is called Coaxium. Raw Coaxium is mined by slaves in a vents next Kessel owned by a Talz crime syndicate, a opposition of Crimson Dawn, a squad run by Maul (now alive, with drudge legs, and no longer a Darth, got it?). It gets polished in an bankrupt city besieged by marauders who once cut out a tongues of a residents when they attempted to resist. One vial of a things is impossibly valuable, yet nobody unequivocally knows a value as demonstrated by a approach Han is simply means to jive everybody by arbitrarily supposing a cost in ever-increasing sums (starting during 500 credits and finale during 10,000).
65. When Han claimed a Falcon could outpace Imperial Starships in a Mos Eisley Cantina he specified “not a internal bulk cruisers mind you, I’m articulate about a large Corellian ships now.” What did he meant by a “Big Corellian Ships”?
We finally get a decisive answer to this doubt when we see Imperial Star Destroyers being built in a Corellian shipyards. Maybe a filmmakers are withdrawal a idea for a fans that we’ll see some-more Big Corellian Ships in Episode IX?
66. Do custom droids value protocol?
Yes, we finally see this doubt answered definitively with a decapitated custom droid whose failing word (in a crafty cinematic anxiety to Citizen Kane) is “protocol.”
67. Does a Imperial Mar exist within a Star Wars universe?
Yes, it is used as credentials song for Imperial recruiting propaganda, yet it is played in a vital key. This finally reveals that a teenager pivotal John Williams chronicle in a measure for The Empire Strikes Back is non-Canon.
68. What was a Rebellion doing when Han was young?
Using marauders and mercenaries like Enfys Nest to take hyperfuel to account their fight opposite marauders, crime syndicates, and a Empire.
69. Why isn’t fan-favorite annuity hunter Aurra Sing, famous for her iconic coming in a forehead of a shot of The Phantom Menace, seen in a strange trilogy?
Tobias Beckett used sobriety to kill her (foreshadowing how Han uses sobriety to kill a quadruped in a Maw).
70. What was fan-favorite annuity hunter Bossk doing before his initial coming on a Corellian-Built Star Destroyer in The Empire Strikes Back?
He was operative “for hire” for crews like Beckett’s. Val wants to sinecure Bossk instead of Chewie, yet gets overruled since Beckett is infrequently drawn to a awaiting of asleep in a Wookiee’s lap.
71. What was fan-favorite sith duke Darth Maul doing after removing sliced in half in The Phantom Menace, yet before removing actually-sliced-to-death-this-time-we-promise in a charcterised array Star Wars Rebels?
Maul hustled his intimidating physique and badass lightsaber into a new career administering a sprawling crime enterprise, Crimson Dawn, famous for a intemperate parties, collection of singular artifacts, and enlightenment of prevalent workplace passionate harassment. The male unequivocally came out of his bombard — he energetically shows off his badass lightsaber before anyone has to awkwardly ask to see it and speaks some-more in this cameo than in a entirety of The Phantom Menace.
72. Where did fan favorite impression Weazel, played by Warwick Davis, finish adult after entertaining for Sebulba during a podrace in The Phantom Menace?
He was pulling heists with Enfys Nest, Benthic Two-Tubes, and a Cloud Riders.
73. What’s a backstory of The Black Spires, a landmark featured in a arriving Star Wars land during Disney parks?
L3 helped Lando navigate there once.
74. What was fan favorite impression Benthic Two Tubes adult to before his coming in Rogue One operative for Saw Gerrera’s belligerent Rebel offshoot?
He was pulling heists with Enfys Nest and a cloud riders. It’s like that examination with a bouncing basketball and a chimpanzee suit. we gamble many audiences didn’t even notice Two Tubes!