In a midst of issues a ride-hailing association is now facing, Uber is pulling out a brood of new facilities and perks in an bid to damp drivers.
The new features, that embody fines for riders who make drivers wait too long, faster remuneration options, control over outing requests and more, competence make several Uber drivers happy.
“[W]e … have listened from drivers like we that there are copiousness of things we can do to make pushing some-more lenient and value your while,” says Uber in a blogpost published on Jun 6. “[B]eginning today, we are rolling out a series of facilities and rewards in some-more cities to assistance we get a many out of your time on a road.”
These new things come during a time when a organisation faces an array of lawsuits from opposite groups. Earlier this month, a organisation of 5,000 drivers in New York filed a lawsuit contra Uber that accuses a organisation of salary theft. In April, Uber also agreed to settle a censure in California and Massachusetts for $100 million with drivers who wish to be deemed employees with advantages as against to being deliberate as eccentric contractors.
New Driver-Friendly Features And Rewards To Expect
Here is a run-through of a new facilities and perks for Uber drivers:
1. Pause Requests — With a latest app update, drivers are now given a choice to stop new requests from entrance in while drivers are finishing their final trip. The underline is quite designed for those who wish to record off a app on dropping off their newcomer if, for instance, they wish to take a mangle or call it a day. Uber says that a association will pull this underline out in several cities in a United States and in opposite tools of a globe.
2. Driver Destinations — This underline enables drivers to pivotal in their end twice a day. Uber will afterwards send requests that are on a drivers’ way. The association says that this apparatus is now being used in many cities in several regions of a world.
“This week, we’ll enhance it to over a dozen U.S. cities, with some-more cities rising globally soon,” says a post.
3. Paying Drivers For Wait Times — Riders now compensate drivers for wait times that surpass dual minutes. Much like a other features, it has already been rolled out in some cities, with some-more rising really soon.
4. Instant Pay Option — Through a GoBank Uber Debit Card, drivers are now being paid as frequently as they want.
5. In-Person Assistance — Uber has also stretched a support centers to some-more than 250 in an aim to assistance drivers on their queries.
6. Ride Discounts — The association is also charity a bonus module for a active drivers in a few cities. The module will give them cheaper rides once they are off a clock.
At any rate, these facilities and perks really put a grin on many Uber drivers’ faces.
A news from Mashable, though, believes that while these new things Uber has thrown in to pacify a pot are indeed a acquire provide for drivers, they “do small to equivalent a broader regard about Uber slicing float prices and holding incomparable commissions in certain markets.”